We are extraordinarily privileged to be living in Montgomery County with a County Executive and County Council committed to making us the most welcoming county in America. Beyond welcoming they want us to celebrate our unique identities and traditions while also becoming inclusive.
The faith community is uniquely positioned to move across lines of difference and recognize our essential identities as sisters and brothers of one human family. Our Executive Committee for the County Executive’s Faith Community Advisory Council has been leading three working groups and several committees with remarkable success. We have hosted delegates from 37 countries wanting to know how we are creating social cohesion and public safety.
Now a grant and public-private partnership with Interfaith Works makes it possible to launch the Interfaith Network of Montgomery County. Here are 10 reasons to become part of it.
Top 10 Reasons for Attending the Launch of INMC
1. Hear County Executive, Ike Leggett, address the importance of INMC.
2. Hear Police Chief, Laura Lanham, speak about their partnerships of faith communities.
3. Hear the President and CEO of HIAS, Mark Hetfield, address the unprecedented humanitarian crisis migrants, refugees and immigrants face today.
4. Hear the President of Healthcare Initiative Foundation, Crystal Townsend, address current healthcare and hunger needs in Montgomery County.
5. Hear the Associate Superintendent, Jonathan Brice, address current challenges facing MCPS.
6. Enjoy a video celebrating ways faith communities are crossing lines of difference.
7. Meet leaders at the largest Resource Fair ever assembled for faith communities that will empower programs including security, social justice, religious land use and religious education.
8. Broaden understanding and appreciation for the extraordinary diversity of Montgomery County.
9. Enjoy a wonderfully diverse social setting with delicious refreshment, live music and a slideshow.
10. Experience the power of inclusion overcoming division, love overcoming fear, relationships overcoming prejudice and hope overcoming despair.
Click here for more information